Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Seven Months In Boarding School.


Though it was for few months I faced the reality without my parents. It was really tough adjusting with new people around but it was challenging too. The first day at hostel was very difficult; I didn’t know anything except to sleep. A kind friend helped me fetch water whom I later found to be my classmate. For a few days I found it very difficult to cope up with my new environment but I was soon able to keep up with the pace of the new surrounding.

Two girls from my class named Sonam and Sangay became my best friends. They were the only person who always helped me cheer up during my bad days. Once had some misunderstanding with a friend named Tashi. I was sad and a group of sisters from kheng and some of my friend consoled me. From that day on Tashi stopped talking to me and looking at her attitude I became sad again. I called my parents and told them who gave me many advices in return. After hearing their voices I was relieved. As I was speaking on phone, Sangay heard me and she never left me alone. My life was changing. I learned to do many different works and I made many new friends.

When exam got over I went to Jomotsangkha and spend my holidays with my parents. After the break I came back to Mongar high school. I was sad though I had a wonderful vacation with my parents and my brother, The days at school and hostel now became more bearable as Sangay and I spent every moment at hostel and sang songs during school hours with sonam (the class Topper). Then my happy moments slowly same into standstill due to infection on my leg during Blessed Rainy Day. After that day I stayed at my aunt’s house for many days. I finally went back when my leg got a little better. But due to my rotten luck my leg got worse and I had to miss many classes as I could not attend the regular class.

Finally my mom came, packed my things to take me home. I was about to leave when my two friends came running towards me and which included a senior student Pema who was like a  sister to me. They had come to bid me farewell and came to reach till the car parking.  After so many goodbyes from all my friends, I sadly left them and joined Jomotsangkha school in the mid October.

I am happy that I am back with my parents and brother but I will never forget my dear friends though the life at boarding school was difficult and our lives depend on the friends we choose.The lessons I learned during my stay at boarding school was the importance of our parents’ role in our life even though they were not there with me. The second lesson was importance of money. The third lesson was the problem within us and the last lesson was the role of friendship. The last word I would say is that boarding life is challenging and it is our duty to accept the challenges in whatever form it comes.

5 comments:

  1. Nice too see you blogging. You may also find me at www.monutamang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for going my blog and dropping a comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done well and I am sure your parents are proud of you, zamin.

    ReplyDelete